It’s alltoo-easy to feel drained and even burnt-out. Unfortunately, you may not have the luxury of time to relax with a good book or go to a yoga class. So, with that in mind, here are some proven ways to quickly unwind and boost your energy.
- Take a short walk. Scientists say your body will often de-stress significantly after just a 12-minute stroll.
- Drink a glass of water. Dehydration, which can come on without you realizing it, can quickly lead to fatigue and tension.
- Do something completely different. Often, if you completely remove yourself from a situation or activity, even for just a few minutes, you’ll come back feeling better. So, take a moment for yourself!
- Breathe and stretch. It’s almost impossible to feel tense after a few deep breaths and some stretching exercises. In fact, that’s where the urge to yawn and stretch comes from. It’s your body’s way of boosting energy!
- Write it down. If you’re worried or frustrated about something, writing it down is like deflating a balloon. Taking it off your shoulders and onto paper puts the concern into perspective.
Try one of these tips the next time you feel overwhelmed.