When you’re selling your home, it’s a little like having company over. You want to make your home look its best. The only difference is in how high the stakes are. When friends come, they simply visit. When buyers come, you want them to be so impressed with your home they’ll want to put in an offer.
One way to do that is to make a trip to the dollar store. There are some great inexpensive home improvement items you can buy that will make a big difference. Here are a few examples:
• New welcome mats for the front door and foyer.
• Replacement light bulbs, with the proper wattage for each room.
• A new lamp or two for areas that aren’t currently well lit.
• A new houseplant or two. (Have at least one with flowers.)
• Colour-matching wood filler pens to repair scuffs and cracks in wood items, such as cabinets and tables.
• Plastic bins to help eliminate clutter from closets and other areas.
• New towels for the bathrooms.
Of course, you can buy these items anywhere – but you don’t need to spend a lot. Everything on this list is relatively inexpensive and can help your home show better.